[Library -- Art Reference Room]
Date: [ca. 1895]
Description: Interior view of the Pratt Institute Library, showing students studying at tables in a reading room and cabinets with elephant folios. The Pratt Institute Library was built as a public as well as a college library, and was the first free Library in New York City. It was built by architect William B. Tubby in Victorian Renaissance revival style, with interiors by the Tiffany Decorating Company the Romanesque-style Children's Portico was added to the children's entrance in 1912 the north porch was added in 1936 by John Mead Howells.
Format: 1 photographic print : b&w 21 x 26 cm.
Source: Pratt Institute Libraries, Archives LI-21 (ar00413).
For inquiries regarding permissions and use fees, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.