just one little dress
The "princess seams/inset sleeves/no black" challenge. Yay!
This lace was an odd light rust color so I put it in some dye to get more of a mushroom shade. I wanted to contrast it with something completely opposite so I chose this toxic pink nylon- though it looks more magenta in the photos. The basis of this pattern was used for last months granny dress so I switched it up by putting the opening in the front. I pressed open the princess seams so I think they are hard to see. I decided an applique border along the bottom would be pretty, but of course I kept building on that. when I first added the base appliques I was a bit concerned about the colors- together they just seemed infantile. So I spent last night and the first half of today adding stuff to to the appliques- some embroidery thread, some beads and some tiny squares of sheer fabric- just trying to get the weird colors to click together in a tasteful way. I think I succeeded but I really wish the camera was more accurate. The button lace up bodice is something I started with the vest from my mad hatter outfit- I like the way it does the job without excess bulk. The petticoat is the same lace as the dress.
I didn't think I was gonna have time to do this at all! My film I'm working on was supposed to shoot this week but it got pushed to next week, thankfully. I originally wanted to use all mismatch eighties prints- kind of like what marc jacobs is doing, but with my weird time constraints I just decided to use fabric I already had.