Golden ceiling - Budapest Parliament
The interior walls are decorated with 152 statues, county's and city's coat of arms, and local flower motives. Around 40 kilogram of 22-23 carat gold was used for decorations also on the ceilings like here.
The building has 27 doors, 29 staircases, and 13 elevators. In addition to planetary, conference and session rooms, it includes over 200 offices. The symmetrical arrangement of the building is designed to serve a double chamber system, similar to the Capitol in Washington. The huge dome hall in the middle was designed for joined sessions. This part of the building was the first to be completed, hosting the parliament millennial section of 1896. 16 statues of Hungarian kings and rulers, along with their coat of arms, ornate the walls.
This photo is in 14 groups
- Beautiful Shot (P1/A6) Sweeper Active!!! 578,913 items
- *ANGEL AWARDS, POST 1 / GIVE 5 ANGELS , SWEEPER ACTIVE 213,932 items
- Platinum Planet Evo (Qualified Photos Only) (P1, A4) (Sweeper) 8,986 items
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 211,707 items
- Golden Planet Evo (Qualified Photos Only) (P1, A4) (Sweeper) 23,840 items
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 640,161 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Budapest 29 items