Pelican in her piety, St Etheldreda's Church, Ely Place EC1
L'habitant ...... ©TonyAvon2011
Pelican in her piety. A detail from the great east window.
The Pelican is the emblem of the Rosminians, the charitable order who aquired the church in the 19th century.
The great East window made by Joseph Edward (Eddie) NUTTGENS and completed in 1952 reflects all the original medieval splendour.