new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Relocated Pratt Truss Bridge, Battleground at Deer Park Golf Course, Deer Park, Texas 0206101414BW | by Patrick Feller
Back to photostream

Relocated Pratt Truss Bridge, Battleground at Deer Park Golf Course, Deer Park, Texas 0206101414BW

The Texas Historical Marker reads:

 

PRATT TRUSS BRIDGE

 

A pin connected truss bridge characteristic of the popular style that once dotted rural Texas, this bridge is the last one in Texas built by the Clinton Bridge and Iron Company of Iowa. Originally opened in 1891 on the Leon River in Coryell County in what later became Mother Neff State Park, the bridge was moved 6 miles in the late 1940s or early 1950s to County Road 322. By 1993 the bridge could no longer support modern road traffic. Texas Department of Transportation officials, in a historic preservation agreement with the Texas Historical Commission, painstakingly transported it more than 150 miles to this site.

 

For a little more on this bridge: bridgehunter.com/tx/harris/bh49528/

3,904 views
2 faves
2 comments
Taken on February 6, 2010