Hills Bros. Coffee Ghost
After the Gold Rush, San Francisco, Ca. became the center of coffee importing and roasting in the West. Industry giants Folgers Coffee (1872), Hills Brothers Coffee (1878) and M.J.B. Coffee (1881) were founded there. This building at 177 Fremont St. dates to 1908 and the ghost sign was revealed in 2010, when the Transbay Terminal was demolished. It had been hidden since 1939 and will disappear again soon after new construction. Extremely faded, the famous Arab taster man logo (designed in 1906) can barely be seen. Photographed in 2012.