Lüdinghausen - Burg Lüdinghausen 04
The castle was established in the 12th century as a headquarters of Masters of Lüdinghausen and was altered in the 16th century under Gottfried of Raesfeld to a typical Renaissance castle. Today the castle becomes used, among the rest, from the adult education programme, for exhibitions and council meetings. The big hall richly decorated with coat of arms offers space for concerts. The tower and the west wing come from the late 19th century.
Some of the interesting construction details also come from the 16th century. Thus are found in the facade a list struck in stone with food prices from 1573/74, different coats of arms and an inscription to the town fire in 1569. The upper rooms of the castle connect construction tradition with modern elements and are equipped partly as conference rooms. Today the castle is in the possession of the city of Lüdinghausen