Lüdinghausen - Burg Vischering 10
The castle was built in 1271 by Bishop Gerhard von der Mark. It was then the headquarters Droste of Vischering, one of the most important families of the Westphalian state nobility Erbdrosten the Prince-Bishop of Munster. She served until 1521 as a purely defensive structure. In the same year and burned down the castle was built on the foundations of the old.
By installing numerous window and a bay window from the time of the Renaissance, the building lost its function as a castle, not their appearance, for they maintained for the sake of representation drawbridges, gates and moats. The refurbishing of the castle was carried out in many cases, Baumberger sandstone, its pale yellow color contrasts harmoniously with the red of the tile and the dark colors of the sandstone slab from the adjacent Haard.