Herne Baukau - Schloss Strünkede 05
The moated Castle Strünkede finds in Herner district Baukau, midst of an extensive palace gardens to the federalstreet 51st. Its name dates in the Middle High German word for
"strunk" of cleared trees back on.
By the end of the 18th Century family, the castle was the seat of the Barons of Strünkede.
Since 1938, the museum's cultural and civic history collections of the "Emschertal" at home there, and for several years, the rooms are also used for civil weddings and ceremonys.