Münster - Krameramtshaus der Handelsgilde
The shopkeeper's guild's house exists since 1589 and was a meeting place and goods camp of the commercial guild.
During the negotiations of the Westphalian peace to which beside the Thirty Years' War also the octogenarian war the Dutchman finished around her independence of the Spaniards it served the Dutch envoys as a lodging. The negotiations took place from 1646 to 1648 alternately in the accommodations of the involved envoys.
Finally, on the 30th of January, 1648 the Spanish-Dutch contract – the peace could be signed by Münster – in the shopkeeper's guild's house.
On the 15th of May, 1648 the ratification documents were exchanged and the peace was sworn in a ceremonious ceremony. The Spanish envoy count Peñaranda had asked to this occasion for the advice chamber in the ground floor of the city hall of the town which was called late peace hall.