Crasna Monastery was built first as a monastery in 1829 and functioned until 1960 when communist authorities have disbanded and became a historic church. It reopened in 1967 under the administration of Sinaia Monastery and then in 2001 to acquire status and monastery.
The monastery is located in an isolated mountains and forests, situated in a small meadow at an altitude of 750 m, on the left bank of the river Krasna, in the mountain "bear". The church was built in the form of clubs, with one tower on the nave, with more than 1 m thick walls of brick and stone.
The monastery is dedicated to "Saint Constantine and Elena".