new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Wall of Tears | by Seven Bedard
Back to photostream

Wall of Tears

This place is known as the Wall of Tears. Between 1946 and 1959 Isabela Island was a penal colony, where prisoners were forced to build this wall as punishment -- and to help imprison themselves. The wall is about 325 feet long and 20 feet high by the time the penal colony was shut down.

782 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on December 19, 2010