Cape Elizabeth Light, Cape Elizabeth
The park's name originated from the twin lighthouses located nearby at the end of Two Lights Road. Built in 1828, these were the first twin lighthouses on the coast of Maine. Although not open to the public, the eastern light is an active, automated light station, visible 17 miles at sea. The western light ceased operation in 1924 and is now a private home. One of these towers was the subject of Edward Hooper's famous painting Lighthouse at Two Lights.