antique & modern
is an old ducal country seat in the west of Munich, Germany at the banks of river Würm. The castle was built on the banks of river Würm for duke Albert III, Duke of Bavaria in 1438–39 as a hunting-lodge, replacing an older castle burned down in war. Albert's son duke Sigismund of Bavaria ordered to extend the castle from 1488 onwards and died here in 1501.
He also ordered to construct the palace chapel, a splendid masterpiece of late Gothic style which still keeps its stained-glass windows and the altars with three paintings created in 1491 by Jan Polack. The main building derelicted during the Thirty Years War, but it was again rebuilt in 1680–81. The castle is still surrounded by a ring wall with four towers.
must seen in XXL