Ferrari 166 F2
The 166 F2 readied specifically for Formula 2 was developed hand-in-glove with the 125 F1. It made a victorious debut at the Florence Grand Prix on September 26th 1948 with Raymond Sommer at its wheel. Constantly updated and honed, it clocked up an impressive number of wins between then and the end of 1951 when it was replaced by the 500 F2. The 166 F2’s most notable victory was in the 1950 German Grand Prix in which it was driven by Alberto Ascari.