Presidential Palace in Tiraspol, Transnistria
Buy this photo on Getty Images : Getty Images
Have you ever heard of the republic Transnistria (or Pridnestrovie)?
Transnistria is a breakaway territory located mostly on a strip of land between the Dniester River and the eastern Moldovan border to Ukraine. Since its declaration of independence in 1990, and especially after the War of Transnistria in 1992, it is governed as the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR, also known as "Pridnestrovie"), an unrecognized state which claims the territory to the east of the river Dniester, the city of Bender and its surrounding localities located on the west bank. The Republic of Moldova does not recognize the secession and considers territories controlled by the PMR to be part of Moldova's autonomous region of Stînga Nistrului ("Left Bank of the Dniester"). Transnistria's sovereignty is unrecognized by any United Nations member state and it has no diplomatic relations with any of them.
For more info see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria
- Channel Four Television (United Kingdom (Great Britain)) 01-Apr-2014
- AOL - Photo (NEW YORK) 01-Apr-2014
- Forbes Web Properties PA (NEW JERSEY) 05-Nov-2012
- ABONAMENT PROTV APR. 2014 (Romania) 08-May-2014
- Microsoft (WASHINGTON) 27-Jun-2017
- Microsoft (WASHINGTON) 03-Oct-2017