212 - 214 East Clay Street
Address/Title: 212 - 214 East Clay Street
Photographer: Zehmer, John G. (John Granderson), 1942-
Original Description (from Book): Originally the Mechanics Bank, the office of the Southern Aid Society is housed in a building of considerable distinction. Stylistically, there are suggestions of Romanesque and Italianate motifs, but the building is a fine combination of elements with stone windows on the first level and high arched windows above.
City/Location: Richmond (Va.)
Date of photograph: ca. 1978
Original Publication: Zehmer, John G., and Robert P. Winthrop. 1978. The Jackson Ward historic district. Richmond: Dept. of Planning and Community Development.
Reference URL: dig.library.vcu.edu/u?/jwh,340
Collection: VCU Jackson Ward Historic District