Cute penguin couple - explored
These two penguins were petting and playing with each other as I approached, just as I looked through the view finder to frame a shot they both stopped and looked straight at me. I got really lucky with the timing, but I am starting to think photography is all about being in the right place at the right time :) Or at least having lots of patience!
Happy thanksgiving to all my American flickr friends and have a great weekend.
Random fact: (well... not that random I guess it's kind of fitting)
Most Humboldt penguin pairs remain faithful to each other for years, rarely choosing new partners unless one of them dies, and they often return to the same site to breed year after year.
*Update: Made Flickr explore November 27, 2009 - #133
This photo is in 19 groups
- Best Images Ever (ADMIN Approval Only | Award 2 or More) 84,474 items
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 66,638 items
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 101,165 items
- nature is all - all is nature 155,750 items
- PANORAMA FOTOGRAFICO [ No Photos White & Black ,Post 1 Commen 81,840 items
- NATURE'S ELEGANT SHOTS [ Invitation Only / Post 1 - Award 4 ] 66,589 items