New front brakes
Until about 1999 I enjoyed working on cars, though for some reason I got out of it. But I ruined the brakes of the Bad Mama Jama coming down the hill from Great Basin National Park and I had to fix them. I bought new calipers and rotors last year, but couldn't put off replacing them any longer.
Sadly, I like everyone else have grown to depend on YouTube for car repair instructions, even though I possess factory shop manuals for all my cars. So I watched a couple YouTube videos and got to work and spent much of one day hammering the hell out of my old rotors trying to break them free because I was watching videos for replacing C1500 Suburban front brakes (which is super easy), not the K2500 that I have. The K2500 needs to have the entire hub assembly removed from the half-axle and knuckle, and the wheel studs pressed (or hammered ) out to replace the rotor. It's not really a big deal, but I wish I knew this before I started the job, and started hammering.
Anyway, everything is replaced and buttoned up and all I have to do is wait for Ingrid to get home from Roseville so we can bleed the brakes and get the Bad Mama Jama back on the road.
Once I knew for sure what I was supposed to be doing, it was actually rather fun. The old rotors will be handy around the woodshop as assembly weights.