USA - Colorado river - Sunset over Horseshoe Bend
“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.”
-- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Another, more classic take on Horseshoe Bend, nothing less than a miracle of Mother Colorado.
This version was taken just past sunset, after we had already dropped our jaws in Antelope Canyon earlier that day.
Given the easily reachable location, the ever-changing light and colours, and the sheer impressiveness of this site, I think this might very well be my favourite location of our road trip...
Walking up to that 1000ft drop ... seeing the bowl and the river reveal themselves as you approach ... taking a couple of shots from a tripod perched precariously on the slanted rocks (silently amused over the creepy crawlies inching to the edge on their bellies) ... and then sitting down, one leg over the edge, losing yourself in the surroundings ... life in the West is good.
Press - L - to get all the light from the shot!
A chronological overview of our road trip:
This photo is in 14 groups
- Better Than Good - Level 5 (p1/a5) 6,846 items
- Build your rainbow L1 TRANSPARENT p1/a5 78,425 items
- Gold Star Award - Level 5 (p1/a5) 6,569 items
- Gold Star Award - Level 4 (p1/a5) 9,723 items
- Better Than Good - Level 4 (p1/a5) 10,458 items
- The Best Shot - Platinum Award Level 2 - Post1 Award3 or face Ba 32,682 items