South Africa - Cape Town - Green Point Stadium I
Almost almost there! Looking for 2010 views by kick-off time tomorrow :-D
Only 300 150 75 to go! We made it, thanks a lot ;-)
Back after a very sunny weekend - how I needed that! - with more from this wonderful city that is Cape Town.
Been driving around a bit in parts I hadn't come before and it seems like this city really does have everything :)
Green Point Stadium
On the day it was handed over to FIFA we visited this splendid new stadium up at the harbour.
Construction on the stadium started in March 2007 and the building was officially handed over to the city after a mere 33 months, having cost $600 million.
The stadium will host 8 World Cup games, after which the capacity will be brought back from the current maximum of 68,000 to about 55,000.
Taken on pitch level; double exposure from a single RAW file.
This photo is in 23 groups
- Level 6- Photography for Recreation- Diamond - P1/A5 39,871 items
- Level 5-Photography for Recreation - Sapphire - P1/A5 54,000 items
- Level 4- Photography for Recreation - Emerald - P1/A5 76,526 items
- Level 3- Photography for Recreation - Gold - P1/A5 132,086 items
- Level 2 Photography for Recreation Silver Award P1/A5 183,980 items
- Level 1-Photography for Recreation-No Human Photo-P1/A5 384,328 items