Little Moreton Hall
Little Moreton Hall is a moated 15th and 16th-century half-timbered manor house. It is one of the finest examples of timber-framed domestic architecture in England.
The earliest parts of the house were built for the prosperous Cheshire landowner Sir Richard de Moreton around 1450; the remainder was constructed in various campaigns by three successive generations of the family until around 1580. The house remained in the ownership of the Moreton family for almost five centuries.
The building is highly irregular, with asymmetrical façades that ramble around three sides of a small cobbled courtyard, with "bays and porches jostling each other for space"