North Main Street - Elgin Park [circa 1930's ]
Discovered in the Elgin Park archives was this transparency from the mid 1930's. On the envelope, which contained the photo, was written: North Main Street; the only one way street in Elgin Park.
Perhaps this was from some town meeting for the argument to make the street a two way thoroughfare.
Whatever the reason for it's creation, it was an unexpected glimpse into past. And in color, too!
North Main Street has been a two way road for as long as anyone can remember, so the meeting must have been a success.
When viewing the photo, it's clear the town hasn't changed that much, which is somewhat comforting.
The diecast cars are from the Franklin Mint and the Danbury Mint.