Museum of Fine Arts 2015, Budapest
The Museum of Fine Arts (Szépművészeti Múzeum) was built by the plans of Albert Schickedanz and Fülöp Herzog in an eclectic-neoclassical style, between 1900 and 1906.
The Ancient Egyptian gallery holds the second largest collection of Egyptian art in central Europe. It comprises a number of collections bought together by Hungarian Egyptologist Eduard Mahler in the 1930s. Subsequent digs in Egypt have expanded the collection. Some of the most interesting pieces are the painted mummy sarcophagi.
The Museum of Fine Arts Budapest will be closed for renovation of the building from 16 February 2015 until the end of 2017.
Text to the objects are from the Museum info cards.
50 photos · 118 views