Greenock, Princes Pier
In the heyday of private railway companies, Princes Pier was the terminus on the Clyde of the Glasgow & South Western Railway (GSWR). These buildings were built in 1894. Commuters used to flock down from the GSWR's St Enoch station in Glasgow and board steamers to places like Dunoon, Rothesay etc.
The steamer shown is the GSWR's PS Mercury (1892-1933).
Both St Enoch and Greenock Princes Pier Stations are now closed and this is now the site of the Greenock Ocean Terminal container port.