The abandoned United Brethren Church in the ghost town of Elberton, Washington. Founded in the 1870's, by 1888 Elberton had a saw mill, flour mill, post office, 2 general stores, a blacksmith and wagon shop, 2 grain warehouses, a livery stable and a church and a population over 400. The annual picnic, a 3-day affair, was so popular it was attended by William Jennings Bryan during his 1896 presidential campaign. The area around the town was eventually deforested, and the saw mill moved away. A 1908 flood and a 1910 fire caused a rapid decline in population. Today, the only remaining building is the church, although remnants of other buildings can be found. A trestle bridge over the Silver Creek remains.