This large bronze figure forms part of the Victoria Memorial erected in memory of the late Queen in 1905 and located on Woodhouse Moor in Leeds. It represents Peace and was designed by sculptor George Frampton.
The following is a description of the statue taken from the Yorkshire Evening Post of the 23rd November 1905 :
"Peace, the figure on the west side, is classic in design, beautiful in form and face. She bears a palm in one hand, and an orb, symbolic of the world, in the other; and above her are delineations of the fruits of the earth, signifying plenty."