Leeds Grammar School
The old Leeds Grammar School building viewed from Woodhouse Moor. The building was designed by Edward M Barry, the son of Sir Charles Barry, the architect responsible for the Houses of Parliament, and it was opened in 1859.
The land the Grammar School was built on used to be a part of Woodhouse Moor. But the Lords of the Manor who owned all this land, sold the land the school's built on to the school, just a few months before they sold the rest of the land to the Town Council so that it could become the city's first park.