Hirosaki Castle Winter © Glenn Waters (Explored). Over 40,000 visits to this photo.
Nikon D700 + Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8
Hirosaki Jo (弘前城) . Was also referred to as Takaoka Castle (鷹岡城 or 高岡城, Takaoka-jō).The castle was constructed in 1611. by Tsugaru clan. The castle was burnet down in 1627 and rebuilt in 1810. The present 3-storey keep is the only one in the Tohoku region.