Shreve, Crump and Low sign, 1930, Boston
One of the finest sets of letters in Boston. Built in 1928–30 for the jeweler Shreve, Crump & Low, the William T. Aldrich façade is among the first examples of Art Deco architecture in New England. The Arlington Building’s ground floor is now empty. Despite campaigns to give it landmark status, it was denied protection and slated for demolition nearly 10 years ago.