Maryland, Caroline County, Linchester Flouring Mills (6,032d)
It has been reported that there has been a mill on Hunting Creek in the community of Linchester since 1670. However, other research indicated mills on the site date from the mid 1700s. The present mill building dates from the early 1800s. In the 1860s the building was in decline. Over the years the building was improved and enlarged The mill operated until 1979 when the mill pond dam broke. The mill building is on the National Register of Historic Places.