Minnesota, Ramsey County- St. Paul, (Webster School No. 9) Mattock School (146-2)
The limestone structure, built in 1871, opened as Webster School No. 9 in Reserve Township. The school became part of the St. Paul School System in 1887 and was renamed to honor Rev. John Mattock. The structure was used for classes until 1929. It served as a American Legion Post before moving to it present location at High land High School in 1964. The stone work is impressive. The arched windows openings, elliptical light (transom), and the lunette-- add touches of classicism. Those, along with the relieving arch stone work above the windows, entrance and lunette indicate masonry skill.