Central of Georgia Railway No. 542 / 672, NSRX No. 203, (Painted to Chicago, Millwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad- Milwaukee Road "Nokomis"), Private car No. 800898, Minnesota, Cologne (4,202)
The car was built as a fifty-four seat coach by American Car and Foundry in 1946 47. The car first went to the Central of Georgia Railway as # 542 and 672. On the Central of Georgia the car ran with 68 seats, having a partition that separated the races with restrooms at each end. The "Colored" section had only 28 seats. In 1971, the car went to Algoma Central, a tourist line out Sault Ste. Marie in Canada. After Algoma Central, the car went to Wisconsin & Michigan Railway in tourist service. Sometimes after 1995, North Star Rail (Friends of the 261) acquired the car through a donation. In this 2006 photograph the car was operating on a Friends of the 261 excursion run between Minneapolis and Colonge, Minnesota. The windows are covered to keep the car cool as the train paused in Colonge before returning to Minneapolis.