Combat Air Museum-Topeka, KS
Once a year, in order to make room in the hanger, some of the planes in the collection are rolled out onto the apron in front of the Museum. This allows space inside for the annual fund-raising Celebrity Pancake Breakfast.
I took advantage of this once a year opportunity to shoot this HDR Panoramic photo. It was taken from the top of a 12 foot step-ladder, using my Nikon D700 and a Sigma 17-35mm lens at the 17mm setting. The panorama consists of 8 panels and each panel was 'bracketed' for 7 shots. Each of those separate group of 7 images was processed with Photmatix HDR Pro...and then the 8 resulting photos were assembled using PhotoShopElements9 PhotoMerge option.
The dramatic clouds were just a lucky break on that morning...!
This photo is in 63 groups
- Stitching, Stacking, HDR and other Advanced Photo Processing 43 items
- Lockheed Constellation and all Military variants 694 items
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 15,384 items
- New Yorkled State of Mind : Congrats to our latest Winners! 13,729 items
- Pre Digital Aviation 32,217 items
- All Warbirds. 49,834 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Beautiful Heartland. Best of Kansas 14 photos