The Washington Monument -- Mount Vernon Place Historic District Baltimore (MD) 2012
The Washington Monument in the Mount Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore (MD) was the first architectural monument planned to honor George Washington.
The Monument was begun in 1815 and completed in 1829.
In the foreground is The Lafayette Monument, a bronze equestrian statue of Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette. It was dedicated in 1924.
In the background between the two Monuments is the steeple of the Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church.
Image by Ron Cogswell on October 18, 2012, using a Nikon D80 and minor Photoshop effects.