Tiger Repaint - 3 of 5
This is your time to have your views/opinions, on which livery my Leyland Tiger should be put into, when it has its bodywork seen to and repainted in the spring of 2010.
Ex-Yellow Coaches 94 was never owned by anyone of these companies, but was hired to Shamrock & Rambler at some point in the eighties and was used mostly on National Express duties.
The hundreds that have been going through my mind, have been narrowed down to 5. Yes I know there are only 4 pictures but the fifth you will just have to imagine;
1) National Express/P&O Ferries livery used on the Paris runs, ran by Shamrock & Rambler
2) Pilgrim Coaches of Southampton, a spin off from when Hants & Dorset was split up, a fantastic livery and one of my favourites.
3) Shamrock & Rambler – NBC livery used on private hires and Nat Ex work
4) Yelloway of Rochdale – Well what can be said except for what a classic livery and one that I know would sit well on the Tiger!
5) I am thinking about brining back a name that was synonymous with coaching in Bristol during the 60’s and 70’s, that of Princess Mary Coaches. My brother is currently working on a livery similar but a little different to the Yelloway livery in picture 4, but in two tone blue!
So there are your options, please help me to make my mind up, as I keep going round in circles, and these are the Final 5 options!!!
Shamrock Duple Laser bodied Leyland Tiger, is pictured at the depot behind Bournemouth Railway Station.
Copyright to Dave Mant