Historic 1856 Beavertail Light at the tip of Conanicut Island in Narragansett Bay in Newport County, Rhode Island. Beavertail is the nation's fourth oldest light station (established 1749). The lighthouse is the third at the location and is a 45 ft square granite tower with lantern and double galleries, attached to a 2-story stucco-covered brick keeper's house. The light station also includes an 1898 2-story Assistant Keeper’s house.
The light has a 64 ft focal plane and a range of 15 miles. Automated in 1972.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 (NRHP No. 77000024 as the Beavertail Light)
ARLHS Light USA-048; USCG Light List No. 1-17780 (as the Beavertail Light)