Manor Mill (81)
Designed by George Stott, Manor Mill was erected in 1906. It is one of the most complete mills in Oldham, retaining its external engine house and the full height of its chimney. Built in red brick with stone dressings, it is characterised by its impressive copper-covered dome in the Byzantine style. Listed Grade II. The mill ceased spinning in 1990 and is now in multiple business occupancy. A plan to turn it into a heritage centre failed to materialise.
The engine was a 1500hp cross-compound Corliss type by George Saxon driving 30 ropes from a 26 ft diameter flywheel.