Front Entry Detail, Mission San Xavier Del Bac, Tuscon
Located about 10 miles south of Tucson, Arizona on the Tohono O'odham San Xavier Indian reservation, formerly known as the Papago Indian Reservation.
The original mission was founded in 1692 by the Jesuit missionary Eusebio Francisco Kino. After the Jesuits were banned from the Spanish New World the Franciscan Order took over and the present building was built (1783-87) using mostly indian labor.
The Mission is known as the "White Dove of the Desert" for obvious reasons.