Crocus with golden Heart
Crocus - The name of the genus is derived from the Greek krokos (κρόκος). This in turn is probably a loan word from a Semitic language, related to Hebrew כרכום karkōm, Aramaic ܟܟܘܪܟܟܡܡܐ kurkama, Persian and Arabic كركم kurkum, which mean saffron or saffron yellow (Wikipedia).
Taken in the small park in my neigbourhood in Stuttgart, Germany.
Please view LargeOn Black to see the fine details ;-)
© 2012 Ursula Sander - All rights reserved.
This photo is in 13 groups
- !!^FAVTOP 150-200 Faves (Post 1: Award/Fave 3) 5,768 items
- The Best Captures AOI~L2~ (Admin Invite) (Post 1-Award & Fave 3) 40,770 items
- 150+ 250 FAVES 3,553 items
- !!^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 1) 29,211 items
- World100F – The QualityGroup 16,351 items
- 50+ Faves (Post 1, Comment +Fave 2) 7,075 items