Missing his Friend....
sadly only a week prior to this one of the otters had to be euthanized from very old age and rapidly deteriorating health, he lived a long happy life and in the end it was a kindness.
You can almost see a sadness in this expression, like a moment spent missing his playmate. The remaining 2 seemed subdued with their actions very repetitive and somewhat sedate. They weren't interacting much together at all that morning. None of the usual fun playful games of tag, wrestling, racing, back flips, peek-a-boo or steal the toy... it was probably more the timing of my visit that day, but I do tend to personify things and I imagined their sorrow.
This photo is in 7 groups
- AZA Accredited Zoos and Aquariums 3,091 items
- PhotoVotr 35,393 items
- ANIMALS are beautiful things in the WORLD (no cats) Award Please 48,727 items
- PLANET EARTH WILDLIFE AND NATURE (INVITE ONLY) 52,337 items
- FLORA AND FAUNA ONLY *P1/C1* (NO PEOPLE) 50,872 items
- Nature's Pot-of-Gold: Level 1 (p1/a3) 347,839 items
This photo is in 1 album
- At The Zoo 72 items