Pioneer Meeting House Foundation
Recently discovered foundations of the original Provo Meeting House/Tabernacle excavated by a team of archaeologists from Brigham Young University (BYU). When it was built in the 1850's this building was the most important structure in the newly settled town. The foundation was discovered during excavation in preparation to restore the more recent Provo Tabernacle which burned in Decembwer of 2010 . Look here to see the ruins of the burned tabernacle: www.flickr.com/photos/19779889@N00/5274715323/
The Mormon Church plans to restore the second tabernacle and re-purpose it to serve as a second temple for Provo. The stones from the old foundations have been donated to Provo City for several projects to commemorate Provo's original Mormon Pioneer history.
Look here to see the Provo Tabernacle before it burned. www.flickr.com/photos/19779889@N00/2640235058/