Street scene. North Scarborough Free Church, 1907 — looking west along the County Road, at the junction of Saco Street. The was erected 1871-72; dismantled 1936), is shown on the left, at the southwest corner of the intersection. The O. E. Sherman store is visible on the right, along the north side of the County Road.
The building in the distance (left of center) and along the south side of the County Road is the residence of Harry L. Sherman, brother of the store’s proprietor, Orra E. Sherman. The home of a third brother, William Sherman, for many years Scarborough’s tax collector, can partially be seen through the trees, beyond the store.