Manistique, Michigan Lighthouse
The present Manistique Light was first lit on August 17, 1916 and is a bright red square tower with a black lantern room. A black staircase leads from the pier to the door of the lighthouse. Small round windows provide light to the interior, but the tower is not open to visitors. This light replaced the pierhead lights that were built in 1914.