The Synchronization Studio
Miles and miles of history, all on film, forgotten and ignored.
Tapes of Elvis in Germany from 1958, a hijack on Schiphol airport in 1974, first man in space Yuri Gagarin in 1961.
It was all there, most in black and white.
Build just after WW2 by the the French occupation, in a valley which was formerly owned by the hitlerjugend.
The French had the idea that the medium of cinema was very suitable to re-educate the Germans.
French movies were synchronised here into the german language.
Besides this they started in the 1950's with the newsreel 'View of the World'.
Even until the 1970's various programs were translated in all kind of languages.
After that technologies changed fast, and it became harder and harder to excist,
what finally meant the closure of this special location.
Today all of it is gone.
The valley were sold to a rich salesman, the studio demolished and most of the history was thrown away.