Not Long Left
3VL17 heads past semaphore signal post 18, shortly after departing Broadford as train #8311 to Seymour.
This signal post and four others are lever controlled by the Broadford signal box, which is attached to the main station building.
Broadford is one of three lever operated double line block working stations left in Victoria, the other two being Kilmore East and Wallan.
Broadford has been a block post location since as early as 1872, even prior to line duplication in 1883. Over the years, Broadford like many other stations in Victoria has seen many changes, from the operation of the nearby paper mill siding, to the building and signal box rebuilding in 1961.
For over one hundred and thirty years, the Broadford signal box and it's signals have been in regular operation.
Although, as of the fourth of February 2019, the signal box and related equipment was officially decommissioned.
The levers, for the last time ever, were all placed back to stop for equipment abolishment and removal at approximately 22:20.