new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Killeshandra Old Church , County Cavan (1688) | by colin.boyle4
Back to photostream

Killeshandra Old Church , County Cavan (1688)

Killeshandra Old Church , County Cavan (1688). closed in 1841 when it was replaced by the newer church.

 

The church was built by the Hamilton familyfor their tenants in the newly established village of Killeshandra. It replaced and earlier pre-reformation church after which Killeshandra was named."Cill na Sean Ratha- Church of the old fort

2,634 views
1 fave
5 comments
Taken on January 6, 2011