NSW Fire & Rescue Station - Lithgow NSW - built 1915 - see below
The building is held in high regard for its links with the local community especially the families of volunteers/retained firemen. It has historical association with the local community since commencing its operation.
A brown brick asymmetrical impressive one and two storey building with a dominant Federation Free Classical style front façade, combining garaging and residential quarters. The gable front to the residential section has a timber bargeboard with the lettering "1915" in the gable and below is a protruding timber balcony supported by large timber decorative brackets, with a gable roof and a matching bargebooard with timber shingle gable infill and timber posts, and timber balcony rail and infill below. Timber French doors open onto the balcony and below a pair of timber casement with fixed upper panes have a brick sill. The engine bay has a brick parapet with some painted rendered detail divided into three by brick detail, and the lettering "FIRE NSWFB STATION" on the three sections. The detail at the top of the parapet is repeated above the engine bay door but is larger and forms a small awning. The front façade is built to the street frontage and a concrete driveway is beside the engine bay.