WAGR Locomotive R 174 - built 1898 - see below
Seen here at Railway Museum of Western Australia, Bassendean, Perth.
R 174 is the only survivor of a class of 24 locomotives, originally built for passenger work. 14 R-class locomotives (including R174) were later converted to 4-4-2 in order to reduce axle-load for use on secondary routes. R174 was withdrawn in 1953, restored to 4-4-0, and plinthed outside the Railway Institute Library at Midland Junction. In 1972 it was moved to a new plinth at Midland Centrepoint Shopping Centre. In 2011 R174 was donated to WA Rail Heritage for display at Bassendean.