new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
A Remaining Caisson from the Mulberry Harbour | by Dave Hamster
Back to photostream

A Remaining Caisson from the Mulberry Harbour

Mulberry harbour was a temporary portable harbour developed by the United Kingdom during the Second World War to facilitate the rapid offloading of cargo onto beaches during the Allied invasion of Normandy in June 1944.

 

Arromanches, Normandy, France

160 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 11, 2018